Monday, October 1, 2012

Book 4


In the spirit of the Hunger Games, I looked up books that were in the same general genre and I found Divergent by Veronica Roth. To which Divergent is now my absolute favorite book and I may be over-selling this, but heck it's as if Hunger Games and the Maze Runner fused together and created this. 

The overall writing is okay although it compensates with vivid imagery and fantastic character detailing. Although it is 487 pages long, don't be discouraged it's a fast read. The plot is so funny, sad, exciting...... Ultimately its totally worth investing in! I would totally recommend this book and I really hope this trilogy gets picked up for a movie, that's how much I love this book!

 Spoiler Alert! Synopsis time, so the plot follows Tris and her complicated world of choices. She lives in a world where everyone belongs to a fraction and you either belong to Candor, Erudite, Amity, and Abnegation so when Tris becomes of age she has to choose to either leave her fraction or stay...... So what will Tris choose? betray her family or to live out her own life? It's all about identity and who you belong too-- if  she can actually complete the initiation process first....


This video is a book trailer.

 

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see another reader's journey and book recommends. I also love to read but I wish I had more time. College definitely makes it hard to sit down and enjoy a good book, the only thing I've been reading for the last two years have been textbook chapters. Your posts give me hope that I'll be able to be an avid reader again. I also love your traveling pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Liz. My pictures are quite old but they still are my fondest memories.

    I can so understand, I was feeling so deprived of good leisure time to read. I mean it's still hard with school, but I figured out a way to read between breaks, work, school, and especially before bed. Well I hope you eventually find time; there is so much new books out there now-a-days. – Thanks for reading. :)

    ReplyDelete